Ferry Building Marketplace
The Ferry Building Marketplace is located along the Embarcadero at the foot of Market Street. It is the center of a transit hub that connects San Francisco’s neighborhoods and the surrounding Bay Area by MUNI, BART and ferry. The historic trolley cars (Line F Market) stop directly in front of the Ferry Building.
About the Ferry Building Marketplace
Committed to the artisan food community, the Ferry Building Marketplace is a vibrant gathering of local farmers, artisan producers, and independently owned and operated food businesses. It serves as a community of like-minded people that:
- Showcases small regional producers that practice traditional farming or production techniques.
- Promotes the Bay Area’s ethnic diversity and serves as an incubator for artisan producers who are pursuing sustainable methods of agriculture and production.
- Provides a central location for the promotion of the world-class food and wine producing regions of Northern California.
- Collaborates with local transit authorities to build strong regional ties.
- Operates as a community gathering place for the celebration of local culture and cuisine.